The Aurora Arts District seeks a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as part-time (contract based) Managing Director. The Director is appointed by, and reports to, the Board of Directors and will work closely with the Board, the City of Aurora and other area stakeholders to execute plans and programs that promote the mission and objectives of the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Board of Directors
- Keep the board informed concerning all activities of the organization
- Assist Board officers with agendas, minutes, resolutions and record-keeping
- Staff all standing and ad hoc Board Committees
- Prepare and implement annual strategic and business plans in conjunction with the Board
- Develop & monitor annual staff work plans to support organizational goals & objectives
Financial & Contract Management
- Prepare annual budgets in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Work with the AAD bookkeeper in preparation of monthly financial reports (in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles)
- File annual taxes and ensure that proper financial controls are exercised through financial policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all grants and contracts, including program evaluations & reporting
- Develop and implement organizational programs & partnerships, including regular events
- Develop new membership structure (including membership benefits)
- Effectively use and manage all facilities for program management
Fundraising & Public Relations
- Undertake necessary fundraising to maintain and expand program capacity
- Manage all fundraising campaigns, including securing grants, sponsorships and donations from government, foundation, associations, and individuals (including special events)
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies that move the organization to a functional and sustainable business model.
- Develop and nurture key stakeholder relationships through regular networking
- Attend conferences and Colorado Creative Industry functions on behalf of AAD
- Develop and implement an annual Marketing Plan (including area brand)
- Develop and update the District’s website, and manage all social media outreach for the District (in collaboration with contractors for electronic media management)
- Develop and distribute collateral marketing materials (e.g. brochures, cards)
- Ensure compliance with employment law & development personnel systems as needed
A Bachelor’s degree in arts and/or nonprofit administration, public administration or business with a minimum of five years experience managing a nonprofit organization (or a similar small business). Experience in working with a Board of Directors in a leadership role as well as demonstrated experience in financial, contract & program management. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Additional experience with events and facilities management and effectiveness in working with diverse constituencies is a plus. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are essential in the job, as are core competencies with Microsoft Office Suite.
The Aurora Arts District encourages individuals to apply for this position who are confident and effective self-starters with the capacity to work both independently and with groups. We welcome enthusiastic, solution and results-oriented candidates with a sense of humor. The AAD is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, abilities or sexual orientation.
SUBMISSIONS Letter of interest and a current resume and salary requirements to: Managing Director, P.O. Box 1622, Aurora, CO 80040; OR to email@example.com (subject: Managing Director). Deadline: Monday, January 21, 2013, 5 PM. Additional information about AAD is available at www.auroraartsdistrict.com